Our Life...

Our Life...
...summed up in one photo.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our Story - The Prequel

I am going to save Part 3 for the next post and insert the prequel instead. :-) So, here is the Prequel to Our Story, Michelle's Story & Chris' Story.  I probably should have started with this one, but now seems like a good time to add it.  So, here we go....



Michelle's Story

"I wish I could say that ALL my years of waiting were spent delighting myself in the Lord, but they weren’t . Many, or most, of my years of being single were spent whining and complaining about it. Doubting that it was part of God’s plan for me to be married and believing that if it wasn’t, then there must be something wrong with me.

(I think that’s such a tempting lie for singles to believe, by the way, and sometimes we in the church can be guilty of contributing to that.  Another post for another day J. )



There were many years in that span of time where I ran from God. Believing that if I didn’t help things happen, they weren’t going to happen!  But thanks to His never ending patience with me,  FINALLY in the last few years of being single, God brought me to a place of contentment and I actually began to enjoy that season.  That new found contentment allowed me to begin enjoying some amazing opportunities. A mission trip to Ukraine, a number of wonderful retreats, involvement in several ministries, being Aunt Shell, being available to my sisters and my parents and many other things that fit perfectly with that season of being unhitched. ;-)  It was also a chance to build some incredible friendships that I still cherish today.  I didn't do everything right of course, but my heart was changing. Unknowingly, as I became more content and drew closer to Him, God was preparing my heart for the one He had for me all along."

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:4-5

 

Chris’ Story (In his words)


“As I lived my life, trying to Pastor a church, I grew tired of seeking God about my future mate. I just couldn’t think about it anymore. I asked five people to agree to seek God on my behalf about my future spouse and I stopped thinking about the subject! A few months later, God brought me Michelle! Wow!”





He has shown you O' man what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. 
Micah 6:8

 

OK...now back to the wedding stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment